Sunday, April 17, 2011

What to offer and who wants it?

As I expand Dan the Dent Man into other areas of automotive restoration, I play with the idea of which service to add next. As of this blog entry, I offer paintless dent removal, headlight lense restoration and windshield chip repair. All these services are provided by me with all my equipment riding along with me in my subaru impreza wrx. Now, as far as demand, touch-up and bumper painting are the most demanded services. Touch-up, maybe. Not too much equipment and I have training in touch-up repairs. As for Bumper painting, I would have to employ and train someone to do it. 

The amount of equipment needed to perform bumper repairs will definitely put me over budget on space in my compact car. Spray guns, paints, fillers, sanding/blocking tools, air compressor, just to name a few are the many items I would need to get this going. I have the perfect person to take on this side of the business. I call him pop. My dad has been in the car business forever and has the same passion I do for restoring and modifying cars as I do. He would be an easy fit and I know he's aching to get out of wrenching. I know you aren't supposed to work with family but I want to be able to offer this service to draw more people to my side of it. I would'nt even take a commission on his repairs so I would have to consider it a division of Dan the Dent Man. 

I know I babble on, but I don't have any readers yet anyway. Maybe this is just a way for me to work out my own thoughts!

So, coming soon, mobile bumper repair and touch-up. Due out by July because you have to set a date for your goals. As for the future, interior repair or wheel repair by year's end. You read it here first...at least I will.

http://danthedentman.com

No comments:

Post a Comment